Entry Qualification into Pre-NCE Arts, Languages and Social Sciences
- A holder of SSCE/NECO with two credits and three passes in Arts and Social Sciences including English Language and not more than two sittings
- A holder of SSCE/NECO with one credit and four passes in the Arts and Social Sciences including a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
- A holder of SSCE/NECO with five passes in the Arts and Social Sciences including a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
- A holder of TC II with two credits/merits and three passes in the Arts and Social Sciences including a pass in English Language
- A holder of TC II with passes in five Arts and Social Sciences including a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
Transition to NCE I
To qualify for transition (from Pre-NCE) to NCE I candidates must:
- Have participated in the Pre-NCE programme for two Semesters;
- Obtain a terminal GPA of not less than 1.00;
- A minimum of D grade in one of the two subjects to be registered in NCE I
Lecturers in the department may be employed to handle the Pre-NCE in various departments provided the staff/students ratio does not exceed 1:0
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR NCE
Applicants must posses the following minimum entry qualifications in the NCE programme:
- WASCE/SSCE/GCE ordinary level with at least Five(5) passes at one sitting Three (3) of the passes must be at credit level one of the two(2) credits must be related to the major subject combination of choice.
- WASC/SSCE/GCE ordinary level with six(6) passes at two sittings four(4) of which must be credit level.
- Teachers' Grade II certificate with credits or merits in at least three(3) subjects, two(2) of which must be related to the chosen subject combination.
- A student with full entry qualification may be admitted on transfer if not dsciplinary.
Additional Admission Requirements
Without prejudice to the general admission requirements, candidates with relevant Diplomas from the Seminary or certificates in Theology from recognized institutions may be considered for admission after clearance from the commission.
Note: At least a pass in English Language is compulsory for all candidates. if a credential submitted for admission is discovered at any time to be forged, the student shall be dismissed forthwith.